- Reduced Fumes: Lye Tanks sealed with a special gasket to reduce fumes and maintain solution strength.
- Increase Production: Make multiple batches of lye at once with our Lye Tanks – three sizes available!
- Save Time: Make large batches and store for weeks at a time with no loss of strength. Use in conjunction with our timer to begin heating before your day even starts.
- Quality Control: Guarantee consistent batches by heating lye to the perfect temperature every time.
- Durable Construction: Tanks are 304 Stainless steel, made in the USA. Guaranteed not to leak or wear out. Can withstand the strongest lye solutions without breaking or wearing out. Incoloy 800 sheath on the heating element for long life.
- The heating element and heat sensor are directly in the solution, making bringing the solution up to temperature fast and efficient.
- Heavy-duty, all stainless steel construction.
- Works in conjunction with our Oil Heaters and Pot Tipper for fast, efficient pours.
- Your Lye Tank is sealed with a special double seal gasket to keep fumes in and eliminate evaporation.
- See sample floor plans for the suggested placement of tanks.
- Place your Lye Tank on a timer to turn the tank on before starting work so that there is no time delay.
- No maintenance.
|20 Gallon||45 Gallon||85 Gallon|
|Capacity – Liquid||20 Gal / 75 L||45 Gal / 170 L||85 Gal / 303 L|
|Capacity – Weight||160 lbs / 73.6Kg||360 lbs / 164Kg||640 lbs / 290Kg|
|Dimensions||20″ x 17″||27″ x 23″||35″ x 26″|
|Standard Heating Element(1)||120V / 1,500W||120V / 1,500W||220V / 3,000W|
|Standard Power Draw||12.5 Amps||12.5 Amps||13.7 Amps|
|Shipping Options||Parcel (UPS)||Freight||Freight|
|(1) All tanks available with 220v / 3,000 w heating element|
View our Lye Tanks:
Lye Tank FAQ:
How long can I keep my lye in the tank?
Due to the gaskets that seal our Lye Tanks, you can keep your lye in your tanks for 3-4 weeks. Do not keep your lye this long if you’re using a system that doesn’t seal your lye.
How should we deal with lye fumes?
The best option for dealing with lye fumes is to avoid dealing with them! Make your lye in our gasketed Lye Tanks at the very end of the day and let it cool overnight. The released vapors will condense back down into your solution. This reduces your exposure to fumes and keeps you away from the gasses while it’s cooling down.
If you cannot avoid making lye during the day, you can:
- Mix outside – If you’re mixing in pails, you can set your lye outside and wait until it cools and stops out-gassing.
- Exhaust Hood – Set up an exhaust hood over your lye mix and vent fumes outside. An inexpensive kitchen exhaust hood will work fine.
- Add Exhaust to Lye Tank lid – For a fee, we can cut a hole in our lids, allowing you to vent with a PVC pipe or flexible drying vent that will lead outside.
In all cases, when working with lye, be sure to use a proper respirator with Organic/Acid cartridges – a regular paint mask or respirator will not protect you. Use Nitrile gloves and protective clothing. We carry all of these.